Don’t you wish that your BMW could not only look its best forever but run perfectly forever too? That’s a dream land because we all know that no matter what car you have, maintenance troubles will arise. While BMW has always maintained a high level of style, comfort, and performance, there are problems that are commonly known to happen with BMWs. Our team at Euromotive Performance are here to share with you the top five common BMW problems and repairs to help you know if it’s time to call the pros.
5 Common Problems & Repairs for BMW Cars
- Engine Cooling System: A common issue that many BMW owners face is their car overheating. There could be several factors contributing to your car’s overheating problem like coolant leak or a faulty water pump. This is nothing that a certified luxury automotive technician can’t handle.
- Oil Leaks: Are you noticing the smell of burning oil as you drive? There’s a god chance your BMW has an oil leak, especially if you’ve noticed a small puddle under your car as well. Don’t worry, this is the most common problem to have with any vehicle. Nonetheless this small problem could be a sign that your BMW has a leaky valve cover gasket or a failing fuel pump.
- Steering Wheel Vibrations Under Braking: In the BMW 3 series, there has been a number of reports of steering wheel vibrations under braking. This has become a common issue with this model which means there may be something wrong with one of your thrust arm bushings. Don’t be fooled by the reports because these rubber units are a critical component of your suspension system which can fail around 75,000 miles if not repaired.
- Engine management: There comes a time when your BMW will need engine management whether it’s ignition modules, the clutch, or injectors that need to be replaced. If you’re having any engine problems, it’s important to bring in your BMW because what could look like the smallest repair could cost you more in the long run if something continues to deteriorate in your engine. However, as far as ignition models, clutch, and replacement injectors, that’s a piece of cake for our professionals at Euromotive Performance.
- Tail Lights: Does your BMW have a fault tail lamp? Then you probably noticed a “Check Rear Lamp/Brake Lamp” message on your dashboard. Don’t worry, this is a simple fix and it could just be a bad bulb connection at the tail lamp circuit board.
Why Choose Euromotive Performance?
There are many reasons to choose our professionals at Euromotive Performance and one of them being that we are known to be the dealer alternative. Our pricing beats the dealership’s by a landslide and while it falls to be a bit more than a general shop, it’s only because we provide the luxury car knowledge that not just any general shop knows. Our ability to be transparent has helped our credibility and has kept us in good word of mouth. We pride ourselves in being a one-stop shop who provide clients with only quality and personal service. Our shop is staffed with factory certified techs who love what they do. Working on luxury cars is not like working on our typical other car, it takes patience, expertise, and love for exotic car to keep your vehicle safe and running its best.
If you have found your BMW having any of the problems above, don’t hesitate to give us a call to schedule an appointment at (954) 884-8725.